Stephanie Culver, ND
About Dr. Culver
” I love working with children and families because I feel establishing healthy habits early in life can ensure we live the best life possible “
Stephanie Culver, ND completed her doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM). Upon graduation, Dr. Culver was awarded a prestigious and highly competitive three-year Primary Care Medicine residency, during which she focused her interests in medicine.
Dr. Culver was drawn to naturopathic medicine by its philosophies ‘doctor as teacher’ and ‘treat the cause’. After having witnessed and experienced the success of naturopathic medicine herself, she has become an advocate for it, literally traveling the globe to understand its use and effectiveness across all cultures. As a doctor she emphasizes ‘doctor as teacher’ by spending time with her patients to understand their diagnosis, their treatment, and their expected healing journey.
Treatments Utilized, tailored to the patient:
- Botanical Medicine
- Trigger point injections
- Intravenous (vitamin & nutrient) therapy
- Minor surgical procedures
Dr. Culver is an Oregonian native through and through. Born and raised in Portland, Oregon and its surrounding cities she is deeply rooted in the community and dedicated to its service. When not working, she enjoys organic gardening and spending time with her family.
Licensed Naturopathic Doctor, Oregon
National College of Natural Medicine
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Certificate of Natural Childbirth & Midwifery
PGY-3 (residency), Tualatin Family Medicine, Northwest Integrative Medicine; Tualatin, Oregon
PGY-2 (residency), Tualatin Family Medicine; Tualatin, Oregon
PGY-1 (internship), National College of Natural Medicine; Portland, Oregon
Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians
American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Highlighted Experience & Rotations
- 18- month rotation in IV Therapy. For use in chronic pain, lifestyle diseases, and chronic disease
- 15-month rotation in dermatology and minor surgery (biopsy and removal of skin lesions)
- 9- month rotation in cardiovascular medicine
- Naturopathic midwifery certification which includes over 100 additional hours of didactic education and 1000 preceptorship hours in pre-natal, intrapartum, post-partum, neonatal, and well-child care, as well as diagnostic ultrasound.
- 18- month preceptor rotation in naturopathic midwifery
- Transgender medicine with leading naturopathic LGBTQ provider Dr. Leslie Nicholas
- Pacific University: Portland, OR./ Hillsboro, OR. Mental Health
- Outside In: Portland, OR. Transgender health, mental health, primary care
- Central City Concern: Portland, OR. Pain management, mental health, primary care
- In Act: Portland, OR. Primary care, mental health, addiction and recovery